Monday, May 11, 2009

*Urgency of the hour*

ABWE contacted me today and said I only have $700 left to go! They need the money *right away* in order for me to be able to leave in a week, on Tuesday, so I may be using all the money I own in the world [with a little bit of help from my Dad] to get the money into them, and then ABWE said they could reemburse me with any more donations I might get.. if I get any more. I asked ABWE what would happen if I did decide to back out of the trip, and they said I'd loose $900 since the plane tickets are already bought from United Airlines and I'm presuming, non-refundable. :-/ Not that I was planning on backing out, but I was curious as to what would happen, if God would suddenly shut the door.

Today I've been thinking about how I may have to spend every penny I own... and realizing that sometimes we need to make sacrifices. It may mean I have to cancel all other events/expenses I have planned for the rest of the year, but wouldn't it'd be WORTH it... so that I could tell a soul about Jesus Christ?

"I am no longer anxious about anything, as I realize this: for He, I know, is able to carry out His will, and His will is mine. It makes no matter where He places me, or how. That is rather for Him to consider than for me; for in the easiest positions He must give me His grace, and in the most difficult His grace is sufficient..." - Hudson Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment