Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I am here!

After two v.e.r.y. long flights, I have arrived in Bangkok, Thailand and am sitting here in the Caynor family's livingroom! [I love Lisa, Mrs. Caynor, already.. she's so fun and optimistic! :-D] It's in the wee early morning hours here, about 90 degrees, and there's lizards climbing on the ceilings. I can honestly say it feels so right that I am here in southeast Asia right now - at this moment. :-) I know this is where God has me right now and I'm so happy to be here.

We had a ten hour flight from L.A. to Tokyo, Japan, and as soon as we got to our gate in Tokyo, we were told that the Japenese government was requring that we all stay in our seats until each passenger was tested for swine flu! So we sat in our seats for over an hour, waiting for them to test us all [there ended up being a couple people sick with it on our plane....] and they passed out masks for all us to wear. After a layover in Tokyo, we boarded our plane for a 6 and 1/2 hour flight to Bangkok. I'll be honest, I didn't like the idea of sitting that long again, but luckily I was so exhausted, I dozed off before we even took off! :-)

We walked off the plane here in Bangkok, and I felt the humidity. I smelt the smells. I walked among dozens of Thai people. I l.o.v.e. it here already! Tomorrow we're meeting with a Thai pastor and going to a shrine. The next 2 days will be spent just getting to know each other [us team members...], worshiping the Lord, praying together, and having orientation here in Bangkok. Then we're heading over to a very rural village. Even though I've only seen Thailand at night so far, I'm already seeing fabulous shots.. I can't wait to take pictures!

[Hey Dad and Mom! The Caynors gave me a cell phone to use here, I tried calling you a bit ago, but it won't go through since our home number is private.] :-/

I am so excited about what the Lord has in store. Can it really be that I. AM. here. in Thailand? God is good!

Tomorrow I'm going to try Thai coffee! They tell me it's fabulous-O. ;-)


2 comments:

  1. Loved the update! Can you call my cell Leah? Or any other of our cells?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee!! That is so exciting!! Can't wait to see more photos/videos of your time there -- and of course read lots about it (keep us updated!!)! Praying for you!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete