Monday, May 4, 2009

Learning to Live the Life of Faith

Just to update you all...

I heard from ABWE today and I still need $1,000 by THIS Friday for the trip to Thailand! I am praying, trusting... *nothing* is impossible with God.

"...what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask Him?" Matthew 7:9-11

"That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of Christ." 1 Corinthians 2:5
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Faith is:
*Rejecting the feeling of panic when things seem out of control, because God is in control.
*Recognizing that God is the Lord of time, when my idea of timing doesn’t agree with His.
*Reliance on the certainty that God has a pattern for my life when everything seems meaningless.
*Confidence that God is acting for my highest good when He answers “no” to my prayers.
*Standing on the fact that God has designed me flawlessly for His purposes when I feel everything about me is a big mistake.
*Ceasing to worry — leaving the future to the God who controls the future.

Sunrise at Te Mata Peak; New Zealand

No comments:

Post a Comment