Saturday, May 30, 2009



Hey guys at home, thank you so much for the e-mails you sent me this morning! They really were sunshine to my day. [Haha Cheri -- "your little snookums" -- that made me laugh.] =)

I wasn't feeling so swell this morning, but as the morning went on, I started feeling a little better -- God answered prayer. Not to mention the iced mocha from Lisa gave an extra kick. ;-)

Highlights from today....
  • Shooting a wedding ceremony for a muslim couple
  • Eating authentic, traditional Indian food for the wedding feast [my first time having Indian food...]
  • Meaw and Ouan told me tonight, "I think you're Asian, even though your face is white." :-)
  • Giving a testimony in ESL classes about WHY I'm a photographer and how God called me to do what I do.
  • Singing and worshiping God through our voices

Ouan is another sweet lady I haven't mentioned yet. She's the tiniest Thai woman, but her heart is so big. I think she said she's 28, and engaged to one of the Thai pastor's here, Ong. Her testimony of how God brought her out of Buddhism and her stories of how God has intervened in her life are absolutely a.m.a.z.i.n.g. God has done such miracles on her behalf. I can't wait to tell you all the stories! [Like the time when she had to live in a grundgy old shack in an alley all by herself, because her family rejected her after she gave her heart to the Lord... and how one night... Well okay, I'll have to tell it in person... it's better that way ;-D] Tonight Ouan and I discussed with each other that she needs to take me shopping before I leave Bangkok on the 10th. :-) [Thai ladies l.o.v.e. to shop!]

Lastly, here's something funny for you to laugh at of all the guys after the wedding today. It cracks me up!


No comments:

Post a Comment