Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Introductions to Chiang Rai



I am ending a fabulous day here in Chiang Rai, and might I say the best day I've had yet in Thailand?

Highlights included riding a boat down the river, riding an elephant through a rural Thai village, enjoying an iced cafe mocha at a little coffee shop in the previous mentioned village, teaching ESL classes, the encouragment that came from seeing the man at the night market reading his Bible...

I have made a little friend here in Chiang Rai. I met him yesterday as he was sitting all by his lonesome in a deserted looking alley corner. He collects money in a cup every day. I take portraits of him and we wave at each other every time I pass him in town... and he gets a twinkle in his eye and grin across his face. It makes me smile.

Life without Jesus would definitely be empty...

A bumper sticker I saw here: "Jesus loves you, whether you like it or not."


1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are on a wonderful adventure. Travel safe and enjoy x

    ReplyDelete