Wednesday, April 15, 2009

5 weeks

My excitement is rising with each passing day to realize that SOON I will be getting on a plane to head across the other side of the world - to have the opportunity to share Christ's love to the people in Thailand! 5 weeks left to go!

Just to give you all a little update, my support level is up to $881!! God is so good. So faithful. To all of you who have sent in a check, I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart..! :-)

As many of you are probably already aware, there is an alot of civil unrest going on in Thailand right now, especially in Bangkok (where we'll be stationed for 1 week). There's alot of bloody street battles, firebombs, and shootings going on. But who knows - maybe all this political unrest will prepare the hearts of the Thai people for the gospel!? I am reminded that there is no safer place to be than in the center of God's will, regardless where that is or what takes place! What if THIS TRIP was the whole reason for my life existance? What if there is ONE SOUL that needs to hear of God's incredible love for them? Wouldn't it be worth it to sacrifice the comforts and safeties of my homeland?

[Lets be in prayer for Thailand and people of this country during this time!]

"I had utterly abandoned myself to Him….Could any choice be as wonderful as His will? Could any place be safer than the center of His will? Did not He assure me by His very Presence that His thoughts toward us are good, and not evil? Death to my own plans and desires was almost deliriously delightful. Everything was laid at His nail-scarred feet, life or death, health or illness, appreciation by others or misunderstanding, success or failure as measured by human standards. Only He Himself mattered.” – V. Raymond Edman


No comments:

Post a Comment